progress on the drying racks
In the past couple of weeks I have worked on preparing the wood to assemble the drying racks. Doug and I split the wood using the table saw and then cut it to length using the electric saw. After the wood was cut to lengths necessary for the construction I sanded each piece. Then I worked on making the appropriate angular cuts in the wood so that the prism would fit together well. I then drilled all the holes that the clothes line wire will go through to hang the clothing. This week I finished the prototype that a previous student had made. I added more wires to hang the clothes on. Then I tested the drying rack by hanging it up in the dining hall with wet clothing on it. Now we can be sure that it is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the clothing. In the next weeks I am hoping to build and install the drying racks. I have had a lot of fun learning how to use the table saw, electric saw, and electric sander.